St Peter, Farmington
Situated just under two miles north of Northleach, is the beautiful village of Farmington, home to just over 100 residents. Farmington is mentioned in the Domesday Book (1086) as Tormentone.
Like many of the villages in this parish, there are considerable traces of Roman occupation and Farmington is no different.
The fine church of St Peter was restored in 1890-91 when the north aisle and vestries were added.
The west tower was added in three stages in the late 15th Century and there is a Norman piscina in the chancel. The altar rails date back to the 17th century with the font a relatively recent addition. The pulpit dates back circa early 18th Century.
In 2014, a memorial in the church to the Queen’s Bishop, Michael Ashley Mann, was installed and opened by Princess Anne. The memorial (stained glass windows) called the “Candles of Life” continues to attract and inspire visitors
Today, this beautiful church still provides a warm welcome to visitors and worshippers alike. Service information is located in this website.